Technical Lead/Architect – Lead Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s Digital/eCommerce Team has a newly created opening for a Technical Lead / Lead Software Engineer. This individual will be responsible for architecture, engineering, and providing technical direction as we build highly available and scalable modern technology solutions designed to ultimately improve customer experience.
• The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
• 10+ years of experience in software development/engineering with a focus on Java and open source technologies
• Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree, with a major in Computer Science, CIS, or related (STEM) field
• 5+ years of Senior/Lead Engineer or Architect experience – contributing to design work and mentoring junior team members
• 3+ years of experience working with a modern front end (React, Angular, etc.) or back-end (NoSQL, Data Lake, etc.) solutions
• 3+ years of experience working in Agile software development environments.
• 2+ years of experience deploying solutions in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, PCF, or GCP)
• Prior experience with full-stack engineering including DevOps and testing
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related (STEM) field is preferred
• Experience designing and building microservices solutions
• Prior experience working for a Fortune 500 or large/global organization