Senior Content Management Strategist – Corporate Communications, Marketing and Outreach
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us/atrium-health
Plans and strategically designs communications plans, initiatives, and programs system-wide that builds awareness of the organization’s brand among teammates and community with specifically targeted emphasis on goals and priorities. Manages multiple projects, possibly oversees a team and exhibits decision-making skills, and effectively sets priorities.
• Help identify, develop and track all content across all communication channels
• Create and implement content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term communications and marketing targets
• Collaborate with communications, marketing and design teams to plan and develop content for all communications channels
• Create and publish engaging content
• Liaise with content writers and designers to ensure brand consistency
• Use content management systems to track and analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web and social traffic
• Collaborate with teams to develop and populate the editorial calendar and ensure alignment across department and organization
• Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw consumer’s attention
• Serves as a representative for the System and Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team, helping coordinate and execute System-wide initiatives and providing excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Director(s) and other department leadership, develops strategic annual plans and programs that effectively integrate with overall Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach strategies that are measurable in design and metric in execution.
• Understands enterprise strategic plan and aligns projects/programs/campaigns/activities accordingly; manages multiple projects independently, drafts recommendations, and customizes processes/outputs to the audience.
• Organizes and writes major project deliverables with accuracy and clarity; presents complex concepts and analytical results.
• Assists in the creation of solution development for potential risks; participates in the development of new data sources in response to project/system needs; draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on industry/trends analysis; suggests adjustments to scope or focus of projects as/when necessary to maintain progress; proposes methods and drafts conclusions that challenge conventional thought.
• Encourages teamwork and conflict management skills; begins to be recognized as a strong resource throughout the System; seeks out opportunities to develop self and become a coach to others.
• Exhibits timely decision-making skills and effective priority setting.
• Communicates with department teammates and supervisor on a daily basis, helping with projects as needed.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Evaluates team members on a routine basis, and reports successes and concerns (with solutions) back to department and leadership.
• Manages the day-to-day workloads, priorities, time management, and projects of team members, and assists with troubleshooting, crises, and conflicts in their areas. Begins to direct, motivate, and evaluate associates.
• Demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across all work units within the department.
• Helps enforce and manage the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Acts as back up to Director(s) in various internal and external meetings and roles as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years experience required.
• Experience managing personnel directly or indirectly is preferred.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.