This real estate roundup is proudly presented by The Redbud Group, creating great experiences. Here’s one of their favorite listings this week:
- 1406 Crane Road: $515,000
- Neighborhood: Waxhaw
- Realtor: Olivia Hwang at The Redbud Group
- Features: Brick exterior, open kitchen, spacious owner’s suite, expansive wood deck, 1.5-acre lot
- Specs: 4 bed, 3 bath, 2,814 square feet
With people spending more time at home, private outdoor space has become prime real estate. Even my small apartment balcony brings me joy — it’s an office by day and a cozy restaurant patio by evening.
Here are 10 houses with great outdoor living spaces, from balconies and front porches to pools and paver patios.
Why we love it: I love the layout of this open two-bedroom condo, the floor plan, high ceilings, and abundance of natural light make 996 square feet feel spacious. The patio off of the living area steal the show for me, though. There’s plenty of room for a small dining area or a cozy outdoor living room setup — either way, it’s where I want to have coffee in the morning and wind down with a cocktail at night.
- Neighborhood: Elizabeth
- Realtor: Kristen Dibble at Berkshire Hathaway
- Specs: 2 bed, 2 bath, 996 square feet
- Notable features: Open layout, spacious bedrooms, French doors, balcony with a ceiling fan, Elizabeth location
Why we love it: This SouthPark-area home has four bedrooms, two living areas (with fireplaces) and an open kitchen on the inside. But the backyard is where it’s at, with a covered patio (and an all too necessary ceiling fan) and extended wood deck overlooking a flat backyard. There’s space for lounge furniture and a table — all you need for a socially distanced get together.
- Neighborhood: Fairmeadows
- Realtor: Frank Adams at Helen Adams Realty
- Specs: 4 bed, 2 bath, 2,086 square feet
- Notable features: Ranch layout, covered patio, expansive deck, flat backyard, SouthPark-area location, great layout
Why we love it: The outdoor entertaining opportunities are ample here. With a covered front porch (with ceilings fans) spanning the front of the house, and an expansive deck and patio around back, you can have rocking chairs, an outdoor living room, and dining space, and you fit multiple Adirondack chairs around the fire pit.
- Neighborhood: Woodbridge
- Realtor: Annette Semprit at Helen Adams Realty
- Specs: 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2,778 square feet
- Notable features: Farmhouse-inspired design, open layout, completely renovated, rocking chair front porch, wood deck, fire pit
Why we love it: There aren’t too many homes on the market with a pool, and luckily this yard checks all the boxes: a resort-style pool with a waterfall, covered living area with a fireplace, and a large fenced-in yard.
- Neighborhood: Country Club Estates
- Realtor: Bobby Downey at NextHome Paramount
- Specs: 4 bed, 3.5 bath, 3,680 square feet
- Notable features: Brick exterior, open kitchen, great owner’s suite, resort-style pool with waterfall, big backyard, covered outdoor living area with a fireplace
Why we love it: This historic house has all the charm you’d hope for, along with modern upgrades (like the gorgeous kitchen). The front porch and backyard both offer cozy reprieves. I especially love the gazebo and fire pit area in the backyard.
- Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
- Realtor: Bob Rossier at Rossier Realty
- Specs: 2 bed, 2 bath, 1,480 square feet
- Notable features: Historic home, gorgeous kitchen, architectural charm, front porch with swing, curb appeal, great backyard with a gazebo and fire pit area
Why we love it: I love everything about this house, from the roofline to the layout. I’m especially into the screened-in porch which has a fireplace and a TV, and the attached wood deck and yard are great, too.
- Neighborhood: Midwood
- Realtor: Tony Nicastro at Allen Tate SouthPark
- Specs: 5 bed, 4 bath, 3,279 square feet
- Notable features: Curb appeal, home gym, screened-in porch, flat fenced-in yard, gorgeous landscaping, well-appointed bathrooms, office nook, loft
Why we love it: This brand new Chantilly craftsman is beautiful inside and out. The front porch overlooks an adorable street, and a generous covered back porch overlooks a flat fenced-in yard.
- Neighborhood: Chantilly
- Realtor: Margaret Krause at 5 Points Realty
- Specs: 5 bed, 5 bath, 3,416 square feet
- Notable features: New built, cute street, stunning craftsman design, high-end finishes, nice backyard, charming front porch
Why we love it: Originally built in 1903, this beauty has been recently updated to fit modern needs — don’t worry, there’s still plenty of character and charm. This house is exactly what you’d hope to find in Dilworth, inside and out. Both the front and back porches have tons of space for socially distanced entertaining.
- Neighborhood: Dilworth
- Realtor: Heather Claxton and Tiffany Hahne at Savvy + Co. Real Estate
- Specs: 4 bed, 3.5 bath, 3,782 square feet
- Features: Charm, Dilworth location, rocking chair front porch, spacious back deck overlooking paver patio, great layout
Why we love it: This oversized craftsman bungalow features the most magnificent front porch for sweet tea sippin’ and there’s a fireplace and outdoor living area out back.
- Realtor: Libby Gonyea at Helen Adams Realty
- Specs: 5 bed, 4.5 bath, 3,292 square feet
- Notable features: Craftsman bungalow charm, beautiful front porch, fresh paint, built-ins, tons of space
Why we love it: The Spanish-style exterior and mostly white and grey interior give West Coast vibes throughout. And the flat private backyard with a huge paver patio is the perfect spot for entertaining.
- Neighborhood: SouthPark
- Realtor: Giles Barker at Premier Sotheby’s International Realty
- Specs: 5 bed, 3.5 bath, 4,453 square feet
- Notable features: Spanish-style exterior, stylish accents and fixtures, private backyard, paver patio