Manager, Compensation and Benefits
The Manager of Compensation and Benefits manages the Company’s compensation, benefits, and leaves of absence programs including base and variable pay and health, welfare, and retirement benefits as well as rewards and recognition in support of attracting and retaining a high performing, engaged workforce. The position supervises the Benefits/Leaves of Absence Administrator. This position will develop and implement the Company’s Compensation Program/Philosophy.
• Benefits/compensation programs expertise is provided in the design, implementation, communication, and administration of benefits and compensation programs; including base and variable pay, health, welfare, retirement benefits, and leaves of absence administration.
• Compensation and benefits strategy. Ensures the alignment with company vision and supports the ability to attract, engage, and retain top talent.
• Analyzes salary data, compensation/benefits market trends, and competitive practices and makes recommendations for individual/organizational adjustments, merit budgets, structure adjustments, and incentive/equity levels.
• Integrity of compensation and benefits HRIS information and workflows.
• Continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of all rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with business and talent strategies.
• Develops metrics to provide ongoing review of the effectiveness and utilization of compensation and benefits programs
• Facilitates strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, external consultants, vendors, and other benefit/compensation service providers
• Participates in applicable surveys, analyzes results, and makes any applicable recommendations for changes to CHRO.
• Evaluates grade-level structure for base, incentive, and equity compensation on an annual basis.
• Advises on pay decisions, policies, guidelines interpretation, and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation opportunities.
• Maintains close partnerships with the HR team and management to ensure understanding of benefits and salary programs and administration.
• Develops specific and effective communication plans for both compensation and benefits (policy features, eligibility, enrollment).
• Develops benefit and wellness programs and communications to involve and educate participants and leads the Wellness Committee.
• Costs: Manages compensation and benefits costs within budget.
• Legal Compliance: Maintains in-depth knowledge of benefits and compensation law and legal requirements and ensures compliance. Understands and oversees benefit compliance matters such as required notices, ACA reporting, Summary Plan Document Administration, 5500’s, nondiscrimination testing, and related.
· Reporting/Analysis: Analyzes compensation and benefits trends, costs, and metrics to develop recommendations.
· Ability to work on-site with predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance and ability to concentrate, multi-task, and work at a high pace while delivering proven results.
• Critical thinking, problem-solving, evaluation and analytics, financial analysis and reconciliation, driven to succeed/results-oriented, teamwork/collaboration, business/company acumen, project management, change management, negotiation skills, assessment skills.
• BA/BS degree a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience. CCP and CEBS certification preferred.
• Proven competency in the development, implementation of compensation, benefits, and leaves of absence programs. Ability to communicate details of benefits and compensation programs to all levels.
• Must have advanced Excel, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information and reconcile costs.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures/workflows.
• Must be a detailed, highly organized, self-directed, goal and results-driven, highly energetic, service-oriented, and creative team member with the ability to multi-task and function effectively and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic organizational structure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.
• Must have the ability to translate and statistically analyze data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of benefits and compensation theory and practice and knowledge of state and federal benefits/compensation laws and regulations required.
• Must uphold the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.