Business Insights Analyst I
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Business Insights Analyst, I on the Business Insights Team, you will be an integral part of enhancing the data-driven culture at AvidXchange. Tasks will vary day to day, and you will become a true junior consultant who gets to critically solve problems with data and analytics for a wide swath of stakeholders across the organization. This will be the ideal role for someone who enjoys a steep learning curve and is looking to get a foundation in all aspects of modern data analytics.
• Use SQL – either within a local environment (SQL Server) or on the cloud (ie. Databricks, HD Insight) – to pull together data and transform it. An analyst I will be expected to use SQL to extract data so they can complete analysis work or deliver data to their BI Manager to complete deep-dive analyses
• Use statistical methods – regression, n-tile comparison, etc. – to generate insights from datasets
• Bring order to ambiguous requirements and help stakeholders receive the analytics that matter
• Use Excel – a primary tool of our team, the individual should be able to create meaningful visuals from data pulled from SQL and can interact with Excel at an advanced level beyond that of VLOOKUPs
• Use PowerBI – while knowing PowerBI is not a pre-requisite, would want a fast learner who is comfortable in making dashboards and interactive elements to present to business leaders
• Create concise emails that communicate insights to team members
• Present and create quality deliverables that can range from PowerPoint decks to Executive One-Pagers with the insights and recommendations generated for a project
• Work in collaborative groups
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; emphasis on Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline or 1-2 years of industry experience in a highly analytical environment
• Solid understanding of statistical methods that can be used to wrangle large sets of data
• Naturally curious individual who is willing to embrace change in a fast-paced work environment
• Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
• Basic knowledge of SQL (Transact-SQL, U-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
• Basic knowledge of BI software
• Experience with any coding language: Python, R, VBA, C#, .Net, etc.
• Experience using Azure DevOps/JIRA or any other agile planning tool
• Experience using Azure DevOps/GitHub or any other source code management tool