Global Inside Sales & Order Management Specialist
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is committed to helping make life better. We provide innovative and mission-critical industrial, energy, medical and specialty vehicle products and services across 40+ respected brands designed to excel in even the most complex and harsh conditions where downtime is especially costly.
Ingersoll Rand is looking to hire a Global Inside Sales & Order Management Specialist within the Pressure & Vacuum Solutions – Air & Gas Solutions business. This role can be located in Buffalo, NY or Davidson, NC and is responsible for taking care of our customer’s inquiries including but not limited to requests for pricing, technical information, order placement, requests for order status including schedules and shipment information. Utilizing product Bills of Material (BOM), the incumbent should be able to determine customer requirements and subsequently work across all the different business functions, including Purchasing, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Engineering, Shipping, and operations to develop schedules and customer ship dates. This position is critical, as they are the front face to our customers providing quality service and responsiveness to customer requirements.
This position reports directly to the Air and Gas Solutions Global Aftermarket Products Leader
• Providing a high level of service to our customers and field representatives in the areas of order booking, order status, price inquiries, and technical information.
• Pricing customer orders in accordance with pricing guidelines and consistent with company objectives.
• Following company procedures to obtain credit clearances, progress payments, letters of credit, import permit numbers, certificates of origin, certified invoices, and other documentation required to process and ship customer orders.
• Reviews customer contracts and communicates requirements. Review of customer purchase orders to ensure conformance to standard terms of sale. Responsible for working with the customer and internal functions to resolve/reconcile commercial terms and conditions issues.
• Works in a collaborative manner across many functional streams globally to establish and fix processes or develop new tools to successfully serve our customers.
• Effective communication and relationship building with customers. Act as a trusted and reliable partner to our external customers.
• Flexible to learn and assist in other areas of the business such as inside sales quoting activities, order management activities, or any other responsibilities we deem appropriate.
• Ability to develop a working knowledge of our product line, corresponding spare parts, technical and commercial knowledge, and mechanical understanding of the centrifugal compressor products and product functionality is essential to adequately respond to customer needs.
• 5+ years’ of direct customer interaction experience
• Compressed air knowledge not required, but technical aptitude is a must.
• Working knowledge of Oracle SAP, or Windchill is a plus.
• Technical and BOM structure experience is recommended and preferred.
• Self-directed & driven to achieve results
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
• PC proficient to include Microsoft Projects, Excel, and Adobe.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.