Childcare Program Counselor
Myers Park Baptist Church is currently hiring counselors for its new full day childcare program. This program will help kids age Kindergarten through 5th grade with remote learning, and other activities. Counselors will work Monday through Friday either in a morning shift (8:00 to 1:00) or an afternoon shift (1:00 to 6:00), for a total of 25 hours per week at $10 per hour.
• Assist in the implementation of the childcare program, including roster development and daily activity agenda.
• Assist assigned children with schoolwork. This will include helping them use the technology they have to access assigned schoolwork. It may also mean helping tutor them and motivate them to complete their schoolwork.
• Maintain program areas to ensure cleanliness and safety. This will mean reminding children to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer frequently, ensuring both self and children wear masks, and helping children maintain appropriate distance as much as possible.
• Sanitize tables, chairs, and other common items throughout the day.
• Must pass a criminal background check and test negative for COVID-19 7 days prior to beginning work.