Research Analyst and Writer
Levvel is fast growing consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh and Atlanta. We are not your typical consultancy that promises high level strategies, only to provide bloated project delivery teams. We are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy. We don’t just believe that technology is changing the world, but that the world needs technology to improve lives and deal with this century’s biggest challenges. We are passionate about helping our clients be part of that transformation.
At Levvel you’ll work alongside other talented Consultants on a variety of projects. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to the earliest startups. We help companies deliver features into production at a faster pace by leveraging modern techniques and technologies. We are looking for people who want to build incredible technical skills while also being exposed to all aspects of business.
Levvel is currently interviewing for a Research Analyst and Writer. We are looking for a versatile individual with strong technical/business writing skills, as well as some experience in an analyst/consultant capacity. This role is for a position within Levvel’s research capability, which houses both technology industry analysts and market research services.
The majority of the Research Writer’s responsibility will be writing data-based market research reports covering a variety of business technologies and processes. (Examples of these reports can be found here.) The Consultant will also participate in internal and external market research projects as needed, and will contribute to executing secondary and primary research, performing analysis on research, and creating presentation decks with strategic insights for internal and client stakeholders.
• Writing—The candidate must be a strong writer with the ability to learn new topics very quickly, and to create high-quality, informative, and engaging content for clients. Writers will perform a variety of duties, including drafting text, revising content for clarity, formatting documents, fact-checking, and researching. They will work directly with data analysts to create long- and short-form content and material for insight presentations in compliance with deliverable deadlines. Content topics are primarily business process and technology-related. Example topics include: software for back-office automation; cloud technology; legacy systems management and modernization; UX and design; financial services; product development.
• Qualitative research—interviewing subject matter experts and business leaders to identify compelling stories of business process transformation. Using these interviews to create compelling storylines and short pieces of written content (blogs, articles, etc.), as well as enhance long-form content (research reports, whitepapers, etc.). Conduct secondary research to enhance all forms of content, and to occasionally contribute to client-facing research projects.
• Quantitative research— The candidate will analyze data from market research surveys to uncover market trends. The candidate will work with specialized data analysts to identify the proper representations and models of data for different deliverable types, including content and presentation decks. Basic competency in quantitative reasoning, logic, math, and explainer abilities is necessary, while additional competency with more advanced data analytics disciplines (e.g., statistics) and tools (e.g., SPSS, Marketsight) is a plus.
• Personal management—The candidate will be required to self-manage a good deal of their projects. Must be able to adhere to pre-defined schedules and meet strict delivery deadlines. Must be able to manage client communications, ensuring timely deliverable of products and services.
• Creative participation—Will be asked to assist with brainstorming ideas for custom research with clients, creating project timelines, writing executive summaries/creating presentations that explain results, developing upcoming research topics, developing outlines with and narrowing topics for outside participants in research writing.
• Excellent business, research, and/or technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent editing skills and grammatical knowledge/precision
• The ability to analyze and transform data-based research into accurate, compelling content
• Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines
• Strong qualitative reasoning explainer abilities
• Ability to interact with SMEs
• Ability to accept feedback, and possessing a desire to continually improve
• Experience working in a busy environment with strict deadlines
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in a field requiring great skill and proficiency in research-based, high-quality writing. Examples include: English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, etc.
• Proficiency Excel (or other spreadsheet tool)
• Experience with online survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Surveymonkey, SurveyGizmo, etc.)
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite products (or other design tools)
• Experience with data management and analysis tools (e.g., Marketsight, SPSS, Q, etc.)
• Preferred Experience / Education
• At least two years’ research or writing experience, preferably working in the field of technology
• Experience conducting secondary or primary research of any kind, particularly that in a business and/or technology field
• Experience as a business analyst or in a management consultant role, involving contributions to client-facing material and presentations
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 401k matching up to 6%
• 4 weeks vacation
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Health, dental, vision