Assistant Director, Graduate Programs Enrollment (Belk College of Business)
The Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte is North Carolina’s urban research business school. The Graduate Programs team serves over 600 students in a variety of Master’s and Doctoral programs. This position will be responsible for the Masters of Business Administration and MS in Management program’s recruitment/admissions.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director of Graduate Student Services is to manage key recruitment and scholarship functions of the Masters of Business Administration and MS in Management programs. The person in this role is expected to develop new procedures and recruitment mechanisms. The Assistant Director will provide analysis, consultation, and recruitment administration for prospective students and in support of enrollment management.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Programs Enrollment works autonomously to provide pre-admission counseling for prospective students of the MBA and MS in Management programs. Working in a high-energy, collaborative environment, the Assistant Director of Graduate Programs Enrollment will cultivate employer and alumni relationships to facilitate relationship building and provide connections from the business community back to the Belk College. These critical relationships will support the Belk College with connecting to individuals interested in learning about opportunities for graduate study and in selecting a graduate program best aligned with their career goals.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Programs Enrollment will help develop and support strategies for the recruitment of high potential graduate students in the Belk College, including scholarship award management and prospect engagement. The Assistant Director will play a key role in admissions decisions. In addition, this role will support strategic initiatives for all graduate programs including enrollment, retention and diversity goals. Finally, the Assistant Director of Graduate Programs Enrollment will be responsible for assisting in the development of and reporting on metrics that measure success in the areas of prospective student recruitment.
• A Master’s degree in a Business discipline from an AACSB accredited school, in Counseling, or in Higher Education or a related field is required
• Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Two or more years of experience in high-volume, business/community outreach and advising of prospective business graduate students is preferred
• Strong administrative skills, documentation skills, and an orientation toward attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and web technology
• Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and take initiative
• Demonstrate the ability to establish priorities, manage deadlines, and exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external constituencies
• Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-location environment with flexible work hours
• Possess a communication style that is effective and engaging