Gray AE is a top-ranked design-build firm offering architecture and engineering services to domestic and international customers throughout the U.S. It’s the spirit of the people at Gray AE – passion, commitment, and a great team environment – that makes our company a great place to work. Our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives by creating unforgettable customer experiences and great projects. The people of Gray AE exemplify our core values: we put safety and quality of life first, we are customer and relationship-driven and we demonstrate the golden rule – we treat others the way we want to be treated.
• Review design proposal criteria and facilitate the preparation of proposal documents for use by construction personnel, subcontractors, and vendors.
• Provide research regarding the project design, along with applicable code and regulatory requirements.
• Consults with the customer to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, and equipment.
• Prepares the layout of the project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for customer review and approval.
• Responsible for quality assurance and quality control of design documents for all design disciplines including but not limited to review of documents prepared by Architectural Technicians, sub-consultants, and design-build subcontractors.
• Prepare and administer design contracts with the customer and/or sub-consultants.
• Facilitate design reviews and presentation of current design documents for customer review and approval.
• Coordinates design activities with customers and Gray AE sub-consultants.
• Facilitate the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction documents and manages construction administration activities for the project.
• Develop a design schedule and estimate of A/E costs for projects.
• Monitor project design activities to assure compliance with Gray AE standards and procedures.
• Manage all administrative tasks related to design for the project.
• Manage all costs related to design activities to ensure accurate cost control.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; degree from a technical college; or minimum of seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess basic computer skills including the ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and AutoCad applications. May require knowledge of applications specific to the project assigned. Must also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray AE is the place for you.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.