Business Program Manager
Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) organization is on the front lines with our customers – Consumer and Enterprise – helping them get the most from their technology investments CSS serves Microsoft customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class support for platforms and productivity services. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in services delivery with complex projects or environments.
We are looking for a Business Program Manager specializing in Capacity Planning solution design. This is a critical role in the Resource Strategy sub-organization in CSS. CSS Capacity and Budget Planning is implemented on Anaplan, an industry-standard platform that offers a connected planning experience. As we build a Planning Center of Excellence, focused on the Anaplan platform, this position will play a critical role in architecting and designing planning solutions to meet the needs of the various business & support delivery models in CSS, taking into account scalability, and optimization. The role will ultimately be responsible the planning solution vision and execution toward the same, translating business & functional requirements into robust solutions on the Planning platform.
• Accountable for Planning solution architecture, including design of modules, interaction & data flow between modules, future plans for scalability and maintenance.
• Own and deliver an end to end design & architecture of Planning platform-based solution to a given business problem, working with a virtual team consisting of, functional leads, end users, resource modelers & developers.
• Design models and methodologies to solve capacity estimation requirements, translate the same into Planning platform solution design
• Create functional requirement documents and functional designs. Craft high-level and detailed design documents and implement innovative solutions using the most recent Planning Platform features and technology.
• Work with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and shape approach and design solutions. Meet directly with end-users and leadership to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
• Examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align the same with enterprise-level systems.
• Drive implementation of the designed solution on the Planning platform, working closely with other modelers and developers.
• Be part of a thriving productivity practice that’s constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience.
• Deep knowledge of Anaplan platform including architecture elements, feature sets and future road map
• Demonstrated experience with solution design, solution development and solution deployment on the Anaplan Platform
• Track record of architecting, estimating and delivering solutions with complex and cross functional challenges/ Problems
• Experience designing and developing workforce management or capacity estimation & planning solutions
• Demonstrated ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements.
• Ability to manage ambiguity in an evolving and dynamic environment and the ability to challenge customer requirements and drive good trade off decisions based on business needs and technical constraints
• Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
• Excellent problem-solvers, able to quickly change direction based on updated user specifications or system limitations
• Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
• Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and customers