Senior Development Director
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The American Heart Association has an opportunity for a Senior Development Director in Charlotte, NC . The Sr. Development Director will be responsible for the coordinating, planning and implementing activities and resources necessary to achieve Go Red For Women (GRFW) campaign goals and objectives. Accountable for revenue generation and community development. In addition, will be responsible for managing a fundraising director, high-level donors, identifying and recruiting volunteer leadership and holding volunteer leaders and staff accountable to their fundraising goals and objectives. This position reports to the Vice President of Development.
• Coordinates, plans, and implements activities and resources necessary to achieve campaign goals and objectives
• Manages and persuades key community and corporate leaders toward establishing recruitment and monetary goals based on market potential in their role in achieving goals
• Develops a profile on the top 50 businesses in the assigned geographic area with a written year-round relationship-building plan to ensure their involvement in the Go Red For Women Luncheon event with a concentration on company goal setting and top volunteer development
• Establishes and maintains an effective database and cultivation plan for corporate prospects, donors, and sponsors in support of the GRFW event
• Manages GRFW event to provide adequate customer service, trouble shooting, day of event logistical support and completion
• Provides expertise in our social event policies, procedures, and programs
• Supports corporate partners and team leaders effectively
• Utilizes existing national and regional GRFW materials, products and recruitment tools
• Confirms thorough, timely and accurate data entry of relevant information including running and analyzing reports to support campaign management
• Monitors staff and identifies gaps in staffing and resources and fills in where necessary
• Collaborates with other AHA staff and volunteers as needed to promote and support local initiatives and to optimize the GRFW market strategy and consistency
• Ensures the integrity and security of donor information and adheres to the Special Event Cash Handling Policy
• BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of work experience, preferably in special event fundraising or sales
• 2+ years of leadership experience, preferably managing fundraising staff