Senior AI Developer
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers, and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach, and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
As a member of the Digital Channel Technology’s A.I. team, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures within Machine Learning and Conversational AI at Ally.
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost-effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery, and IT risk management.
Assist in defining specifications for significant new projects and perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing, and debugging of software applications according to the specifications. Additionally, provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products, services, and processes.
• 5+ years’ experience developing large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of multiple, modern programming languages such as Java, GO, Python, Swift or C/C++
• Experience with Natural Language Processing and state of the art AI learning techniques such as voice • recognition, speech recognition, and text recognition
• Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to learn.
• BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or related engineering fields or equivalent practical experience
Compensation and benefits:
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation — or total rewards — extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
• Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
• Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
• Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions, and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
• Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family — parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder daycare program and child care discounts.
• Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program, and other employee discount programs.