ACI Senior Network Engineer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Sr. Network Engineer leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of ACI, Datacenter technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to network stability & scalability, and compliance. The Senior Network Engineer’s responsibilities are to plan, configure, implement, and document solutions in a complex environment to support new and existing technology architectures. Makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems, and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
The primary responsibility of this role is to implementation of the network architecture strategy within Lowe’s. The Sr. Network Engineer leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, makes decisions independently on information systems solutions, problems, and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in a large enterprise or retail environments.
A hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering & integration of leading-edge DC technologies. You will collaborate with other engineering teams across a wide range of technology areas, and the operational teams that manage the services that are engineered. Participate and drive the gathering of technical requirements to successfully implement solutions.
The Sr. Network Engineer mentors’ junior engineers. Promote new ideas, strategies, technologies and concepts, to improve service quality and reduce costs. You will provide domain-specific expertise to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities. Participates in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. Participates in network infrastructure audit activities and provides evidence as required.
• Extensive knowledge of ACI design, implementation and support
• Tenant constructs
• Application network profiles
• Fabric access policies
• L2 extensions
• Routing and L3 policies
• Scale requirements around policy design
• Familiarity with Automation: Postman, Ansible, Python
• Application migration to ACI fabric
• Troubleshooting traffic flows via underlay and overlay
• Strong Documentation skills
• NSX-T integration with ACI fabric
• Multi-vendor routing and switching experience
• Cisco IOS & Nexus
• Network infrastructure design and incident response
• Network infrastructure security incident response
• Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
• Quality of Service (QOS)
• Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools
• Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, CA Spectrum
• SNMP Protocol knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
• 8+ years of planning, design, and implementation experience in Network Management, Diagnostic tool technologies in a large enterprise retail environment
• 2+ years infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas
• 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 4+ years’ experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports in a large matrixed, retail organization
• 2+ years’ experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 4+ years’ experience working in a large matrixed organization, in the retail industry
• 4+ years’ experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 4+ years’ experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• Cisco Certification DCACI