Senior Manager Product Management
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Sr. Manager, Product Management leads the overall vision, strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for a specific digital product or products. This role combines business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback, and technology to develop seamless customer experiences.
Through the development of detailed business cases, the Sr. Manager, Product Management establishes key performance indicators for their product and ensures that their team is continuously improving these metrics. The Sr. Manager, Product Management defends business cases to senior executives and leads business reviews to ensure that the team prioritizes the right work, delivering the most customer value is the fastest time possible. This prioritized work forms a clear roadmap for that product.
The Sr. Manager, Product Management is a proven leader. Their leadership experience shows their ability to get results, both at a strategic and tactical level. They motivate their team to accomplish — and beat — their defined goals. They partner with teams across the company to deliver new experiences for their customers.
• Serves as the voice of the customer, understanding the customer’s needs, and communicate those to the team.
• Owns the roadmap for their product(s).
• Continuously reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to the product teams.
• Defines the Epics that drive the detailed requirements for an assigned product.
• Develops and defends the business case for a new product feature or set of features, works with finance to create detailed financial models, and uses business/financial acumen to modify as necessary; accountable for successful P&L of business case.
• Runs Weekly Business Reviews for their product(s) and monitors product KPIs to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes options for improvement or enhancement.
• Tracks product team’s velocity and optimizes delivery to ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first.
• Works with cross-functional Sr. Manager, Product Management to drive work across other product teams and helps move and prioritize work into other product backlogs.
• Builds and manages a Product Management team, helping to support their growth and removing obstacles as necessary.
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient.
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field.
• Serve as an internal resource on digital experience, product management, emerging technology, and digital in the ecosystem of omni-channel retailing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field
• 7+ years’ experience in digital/ecommerce product and/or experience management
• 10+ years’ experience in product and/or experience management
• 5+ years strategy and delivery experience in executing world-class digital products and/or experiences
• 4+ years’ experience in translating business strategy into specific product features
• 4+ years’ experience working with technology and user experience teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
• 3+ years demonstrated delivery of business results
• 3+ years’ experience in an agile software environment
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into action
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree
• 2+ years’ experience leading the digital product roadmap
• Prior leadership with a top 25 omni-channel retailer
• Experience in running a P&L
• Strong financial acumen
• CSPO Certification