Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s has a newly created opportunity for a Senior Front End Engineer for our Digital/eCommerce Content Solutions team based in our Global Technology Center in Charlotte, NC.
This is a high-level role and we will exclude any candidate who does not have 5+ years of post-degree experience (graduation date must be 2015 or earlier for your highest level of education – bachelor’s, master’s, etc.)
We offer great benefits, flexibility, compensation, and stability along with the opportunity to work with high-performance teams building modern technology solutions for a Fortune 100 organization with over $70B in annual revenue.
Qualified candidates must be local to Charlotte or willing to relocate to Charlotte, and we do offer company-paid relocation.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Product Managers to understand business needs and functional specifications.
• Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages.
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related (STEM) field is required.
• Must have a minimum of (5) years of post-degree experience in application development, software engineering, or related work.
Required technical skills
• Must have demonstrated proficiency and professional experience with ReactJS, NodeJS, Code bundler (webpack, etc.), HTML & CSS, package manager (npm or Yarn), and version control tools such as GIT.
• Should be well-versed in Agile principals and also comfortable with an environment that utilizes test-driven development, microservices architecture, and cloud infrastructure.
Preferred technical skills
• Knowledge on Mobx, Couchbase, Jest unit testing, knowledge on caching strategy, and any previous experience with building Content Management systems would be nice to have.