Senior IT Software Engineer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s has an immediate direct-hire opportunity for a Full Stack Software Engineer with at least seven years of professional experience working with Java, including recent experience with React or Angular, NoSQL, Cloud infrastructure, and other technologies.
This position will be supporting new initiatives related to Merchandising Technology.
• The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
• Developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments.
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Understanding of service level indicators (SLIs), objectives (SLOs), and agreements (SLAs) for micro-services.
• Building and extending our software delivery pipeline supporting CICD.
• Collaboration with Cloud, SRE, Operations, Performance and DevOps teams to leverage monitoring, defining SLO’s and maintaining configuration management.
• Strategic thinker and expert at collaboration with business, product and technology teams, understanding business needs and translating requirements into scalable technology solutions.
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or a related field (STEM)
• 7 years of Software Engineering experience
• 3 years of experience with Angular
• 3 years of experience working in AGILE
• Professional experience with Java, NoSQL, and Cloud infrastructure (GCP preferred)
• 2 years of experience with React
• Prior experience working within a test-driven environment
• Retail and/or merchandising domain knowledge is nice to have
• Strong verbal and written communication skills