Field Marketing Manager – Lowell
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team works together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors. We’re proud of what we’re doing here. Come and join us!
Our Field Marketing Manager will act as the first point of contact with our General Managers to support marketing strategies and optimization plans.
The position require about 75% travel to the Sonic-owned stores and to our company headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
The primary focus is to provide support to General Managers at Sonic’s stores/retail environments with social media, digital, CRM, local-marketing, SEO/SEM, public relations and project-management – as Sonic leads these stores into a new era of auto retail experience, marked by industry-leading technology, infrastructure, and marketing. You will develop store-level marketing plans. They will utilize the expertise and strategies set by our channel marketing experts to create and execute on store-level, full 360-degree channel marketing plans.
This role works collaboratively with the marketing channel leaders and agency partners to optimize store-level marketing performance, and reports to the Field Marketing Director.
• Devising plans for optimized performance across channels in real-time, working closely with Sonic channel managers and in support of store GMs
• Understands multi-channel marketing and the points of integration between social and digital touchpoints.
• Coordinates with the Sonic Digital Team members to ensure integration of stores’ social and digital media programming with the respective store digital properties
• Knowledge of web and mobile functionality, user experience, eCommerce, and web analytics
• Collaborates with other internal teams (SEO, web, events), contributes leadership to promote best-in-class in class thinking and delivery of plans
• Helps ensure cohesive information as it relates to store-level marketing across all marketing channels (i.e….are we communicating the same “offers”, using aligned creative assets, across all marketing channels to help support the strategy?
• Creates, guides, delivers strategic social planning and programming (social content, strategy/communication plans, social marketing/experiences, programming plans, competition and category research, social consumer insights/trend audits)
• Responsible for ensuring agency and supporting team delivers on agreed social KPIs and goals for each store
• First point of contact for the GMs in answering questions about our social media, CRM, and digital strategy and approach and plans as they are executed at the store level, collaborating and communicating closely with Sonic channel managers
• Ensure content/messaging across all channel platforms is on brand, optimized for a best creative approach and that the brand voice and content address the ethos of each social platform
• Tracks delivery of social-content publishing schedule; collaborates with the local marketing team to ensure social is integrated with on-site dealership marketing activities
• Activate local marketing events, by ensuring social assets are captures and published on time and to right platforms
• Help ensure that local marketing social/digital/CRM efforts are pitched to the local media to drive incremental visibility for store marketing
• Creates, operationalizes, and manages campaigns and content plans
• Displays excellent project management, problem-solving, interpersonal skills presentation skills
• Reviews and Reports on total campaign effectiveness to internal channel owners to help support optimizing of best practice strategies across all channels. Works with channel marketers and agencies to obtain performance data to support this process.
• BA/BS in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Digital, Public Relations; advanced degree preferred
• The winning candidate will possess a combination of skills and experiences in social media, digital, mobile, local-community event & sponsorship marketing, SEO/SEM, CRM, public relations and project management.
• 3-5 years of experience dedicated to social media and/or digital media focused on top-tier consumer brand marketing or retail brand
• Experience in customer communications role (i.e…email marketing, direct mail marketing, or live call marketing)
• Experience within the retail automotive industry required
• Demonstrated experience in building relationships with regional retail marketing leaders, General Managers and/or store personnel
• Experience evaluating marketing performance and consulting on optimization plans
• Demonstrated experience in building marketing plans and executing marketing plans.
• Knowledge of functionality of social platforms (paid products, targeting capabilities, insights tools, PowerEditor, Google Analytics, etc.).
• Knowledge of functionality of digital content strategy and website conversion tracking tools.
• Experience planning and executing digital programming that supports key areas of brand outreach – ranging from influencer programs, to paid media programming, to CRM and support of offline retail & sponsorship marketing activities.
• Has functioned in project management of digital marketing – ensuring delivery of activations on time and within budget, managing the agency partners, and other internal/store-level teams.
• Has demonstrated advanced knowledge of social platforms, web platforms, specific rules of engagement for brand/advertisers, general platform policies.
• Has exhibited thorough understanding of digital marketing practices (e.g. mobile, social platforms/APIs, third party listening, publishing, and vendor-specific toolsets).
• Has come to understand web-build processes and has familiarity with SEO, advanced knowledge of social CMS tools, social listening, social APIs, social vendors, mobile technologies
• Has demonstrated fluency with research/organic search techniques/methodologies and application supporting development execution/optimization of brand campaigns.
• Has functioned in a project management role, managing deliverables against social strategies.