Assistant Property Manager
Assists with the general administration and maintenance of the property. Understands all functions of the Property Manager.
• Leases apartments in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Greets and qualifies prospects, completes marketing forms and guest cards, conducts tours, and offers refreshments.
• Researches and creates innovative marketing strategies.
• Assists with training staff members.
• Assists in supervising both maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property.
• Adheres to all appropriate GPI personnel directives, accounting directives, maintenance, and purchasing directives.
• Assists with ensuring that bank deposits are made daily or as necessary, purchasing necessary office supplies, collecting rent, and handling delinquent accounts.
• Assists in establishing schedules and in assigning personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, and helping to ensure that maintenance requests are handled quickly.
• Inspects vacant apartments and handles details of move-ins and move-outs.
• Helps ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well-maintained community; assists with handling resident relations and resident organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately and prepares incident reports, continually inspects property and reports deficiencies.
• Understands current GPI computer software applications.
• Ensures good public relations between residents and personnel.
• College education or three years of experience in this or related field.
• Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
• Interest and enthusiasm for the job.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative procedures.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Strong leadership, training, supervision, and decision-making capabilities.
• Strong organizational skills.