Director of Marketing and Communications
Carolina Breast Friends (CBF), the “Pink House”, is an amazing nonprofit dedicated to serving breast cancer Survivors in the greater Charlotte community. CBF works to strengthen the wellbeing of women and men who are living with breast cancer. From instructional sessions to one-to-one mentoring, the programs we offer at the Pink House uplift, educate and empower. We are often the first stop after leaving the doctor’s office once someone is diagnosed—a safe landing place with a ready network of support. But that is not where it ends. Survivors at any point in their breast cancer journey will find community and activities here to help them rise stronger.
There is no cost for our services. We provide more than 30 programs a month covering topics including emotional support, education, wellness, self-image, and nutrition. We also provide wigs, hats/scarves, bras, prostheses, and comfort bags.
For more information about Carolina Breast Friends also known as the Pink House, visit our website carolinabreastfriends.org
If you are looking for a wonderful team and a dynamic place to work, please consider applying to be our Marketing and Communications Director.
The Director, Marketing & Communications, is a full-time position with benefits.
• Develop and execute an integrated strategic marketing/communications/public relations plan to achieve organization objectives by advancing CBF’s brand identity, increasing awareness of its programs and priorities, and increasing its visibility across the greater Charlotte community.
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, special event programs, and the CBF website.
• Develop and manage an integrated social media and digital marketing strategy to help support and expand CBF’s mission.
• Expand and build media relationships and increase our media exposure.
• Identify unique and cost-effective ways for CBF to communicate with its target audiences through social media.
• Work with the Development staff and Development Committee to create materials and engagement strategies to improve our donor relationships and to enhance our fundraising efforts.
• Create a plan to leverage educational content from CBF programs, (i.e. video segments, live streaming, CBF YouTube Channel), to help expand CBF’s reach beyond the walls of the Pink House and provide educational content to more Survivors.
• Communicate CBF’s impact by gathering stories from Survivors, donors, volunteers, and other community stakeholders. Share stories through social media, newsletters, and our website.
• Prepare speeches, press releases, magazine articles, scripts, promotional materials, and fact sheets as needed.
• Capitalize on opportunities such as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Cancer Survivor Month, and other national campaigns to promote CBF’s role in supporting breast cancer Survivors throughout the greater Charlotte community.
• Evaluate current marketing and communications processes and develop a plan to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop an integrated marketing and communication calendar, establish primary marketing channels, and posting frequency.
• Develop a strategic marketing and communication plan which includes project prioritization, timeline, and measurable outcomes.
• Develop a budget for all marketing and communication-related activities.
• Develop metrics to evaluate the success of all marketing and communications activities and initiatives. Monitor progress to ensure adherence and performance. Produce and analyze data and reports as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (in marketing and communications, preferred).
• 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
• Excellent oral, written, and social media communication skills.
• Experience with posting content and promotional material to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
• Ability to create and curate content, and to leverage its use across all channels.
• Passion for working with breast cancer survivors.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Self-starter; able to work independently as well as with a team.
• Experience in content development, graphic design, and video editing.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress and Constant Contact.
• Knowledge/experience preferred in Morphogine and Blackbaud products.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Good organization and time-management skills.
• Desire to work as part of a dynamic team.