Senior Franchise Counsel
Driven Brands™, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the parent company of some of North America’s leading automotive aftermarket brands including Take 5 Oil Change®, Meineke Car Care Centers®, Automotive Training Institute™, Maaco®, CARSTAR®, ABRA®, Uniban™, 1-800-Radiator & A/C®, and PH Vitres d’Autos™. Driven Brands has over 3,100 centers across the United States and Canada, and combined, all businesses generate more than $3.1 billion in system sales and service approximately 9 million vehicles annually. For more information, visit drivenbrands.com.
Driven Brands is looking for someone who has the talent and experience to work in a top-level law firm, but who wants to have hands-on deal experience, and be a true business partner. The opportunity involves owning your own deals and managing your own cases across over 10 franchised brand systems. The runway for a successful candidate could include any number of business roles or increased management within the legal department.
The candidate would report to the General Counsel of Driven and work closely with lead operating officers of all of our brands as well as other functional senior executives.
• Minimum 7+ years’ experience, preferably with a top tier law firm or a multi-brand franchising company.
• J.D. with excellent academic credentials from top-ranked law school preferred. Good standing member of a state bar.
• Excellent drafting and writing skills a must.
• Business-savvy, creative approach to problem-solving.
• Desire to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
• Strong communication skills and ability to deal directly with multiple executives.
• Ability to identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices.
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Review, preparation and amending franchise disclosure documents.
• Negotiation, drafting, and finalizing development agreements, franchise agreements, and other related documents.
• Oversight of structure, drafting, and closing franchise sales transactions.
• Management of franchise compliance, litigation, and dispute resolution.