Creative Project Manager/Generalist
Our business involves taking random products and then marketing them like crazy, primarily on Amazon. We have hundreds of SKUs at the moment and are launching around 10-20 new products every single month.
We want to launch as many products as we can. Our business is just about doubling every year ($5m in 2018, $10m in 2019), and it’s our intention to continue that for as long as possible, which means we need good people to help us keep up with the growth.
Supporting our creative team as a project manager/producer, tracking a complex process filled with overlapping and related tasks. You will ensure our team stays on track (in a hyper-organized fashion) as we produce amazing creative that sells our products.
Like everyone else in the company, you will also need to innovate regularly – which means figuring out ways to improve quality and production speed.
It’s challenging, but fun work that’s going to require a lot of time and task management, problem-solving, and a reasonable amount of people skills.
To learn more about the company’s culture and mission, check out our website.
• Proactively interacts with copywriting, photography, inventory and leadership teams to coordinate all stages in the creative production process.
• Manages production and product development schedules to ensure the creative process flows smoothly at peak efficiency.
• Maintain, track, and organize in-house creative samples and inventory.
• Keep creative production projects on schedule and communicate the status to other teams.
• Prep products and prop lists for daily photography, to include prop sourcing as needed.
• Recommend and provide resources for talent, stylists, set builders, and photo assistants to achieve desired results.
• Drive the creation of shot lists and shoot schedules with an understanding of grouping product photography to maximize the efficiency of shoot days.
• Manage and maintain an in-house library of original photography, stock photography and graphic elements and assist with maintenance and organization in-house photo studio.
• Work with Art Director and Copy Manager to improve the process, eliminating delays and bottlenecks in the system.
• Assist in fulfilling asset requests from wholesale, PR and Ecommerce.
• Participate in photoshoots – manipulate and hold products on set as directed by the photographer. Will not need to show face/recognizable attributes if this makes you uncomfortable. Your hands/torso may appear in some shots.
• Crazy smart. You will experience a lot of pain if you can’t keep up intellectually. It’s not like we’re geniuses or anything, but we definitely don’t have time to be arguing with not-so-smart people.
• Have a crazy hyper-organized, systems mentality. Not everybody shares “it” when it comes to evaluating the quality of creative endeavors. You definitely need to have “it.”
• Be very coachable. If you don’t like getting blunt, honest feedback (we’re always nice about it FWIW) and improving, we probably aren’t a fit for each other.
• Willingness to do whatever. We’re still more or less a startup, so everyone has to wear multiple hats. Sometimes everyone has to chip in to help get orders shipped out, you know?
• Have a fun attitude. We like people with a great sense of attitude and an overall happy outlook on life.
• In-depth understanding of project and process management.
• Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
• Experience with Smartsheet, MS Project or other project planning software a plus.
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent verbal, written communications skills.
• Experience in managing the creative production process, including photography, copywriting, graphic design and outside resources is preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software – specifically Outlook, Word, Excel; as well as Google Drive, Sheets and Docs, Familiar with Apple/Mac OS is a plus.
• Ad agency, photo studio or creative project management experience is a plus.
• Strong sense of processes and action-item follow up including accuracy and thoroughness.
• Upbeat and energetic with the ability to take and incorporate direction.
• You need to be able to articulate yourself well and engage in vociferous but friendly debate to arrive at the truth. We “argue/truth seek” A LOT, but it’s really positive because we trust each other, know we all want the same thing, and are only arguing over facts and conclusions, not whether someone is a good/competent person, if that makes sense.
• You need the people skills and emotional intelligence to keep your coworkers happy and achieving incredible results.
• Driven to get things done and willing to assist with any task.
• Valid Driver’s License.
For this role, we’re looking at $30-40k. The big range is because we honestly don’t know the market value of the person we’re looking for. We offer four weeks vacation. We definitely want you to be able to recharge, so we offer a good chunk of vacation time.