Pet Care Associate
Skipper is on a mission to revolutionize the dog parent experience through a single, trusted brand and end-to-end platform. We are the pioneers of Skiptown, the place for pups and their people. Skiptown is the first-of-its-kind, tech-infused, private, off-leash indoor/outdoor dog park, bar, and dog care facility.
The pet services industry is ready to be disrupted and we are leading the charge. Come join our team of dog lovers and help us change the world for the modern dog parent.
Our Skipper Pet Care Associates are passionate about animals, think quickly on their feet, and create adventures in everyday life. Our Skipper Pet Care Associates are full-time employees that are eligible for benefits like medical, dental, and vision insurance. Instead of paper records, Pet Care Associates use our app to access playgroup information, pet personalities, and facility and boarding schedules. Our Pet Care Associates receive over 25 hours of classroom and on-the-job training so that they can feel confident and prepared to lead their puppy playgroups.
Pet Care Associates spend the majority of their day ruffereeing playgroups of up to 10 dogs at a time. They maintain the cleanliness of the facility, take dogs on outdoor adventures, and give our four-legged guests love and attention.
• 40 hours of work availability Monday through Sunday for one or both of the following shifts: 6:00 am – 2:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
• 18 years of life experience (you’re 18 years or older)
• A certificate for perfect attendance in school (you’re reliable!)
• No tardies on your permanent record (you’re punctual!)
• A sense of humor (don’t bring your certificate or your permanent record)
• You put your laundry in the hamper and not in “that chair in the corner” (you’re organized!)
• You’ve put together a piece of IKEA furniture right the first time (you’re thorough and detail-oriented!)
• Availability to work some major holidays
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending.
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping.
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, or snow.
• Ability to pull up to 140 lbs.
• Ability to be on your feet and/or walking up to eight (8) hours per day for at least four (4) hours at a time frequently on uneven or hilly walking surface.
• Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
• Challenging work with a side of adventure!
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see all those cute puppy faces!)
• Dogs at work…every single day
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple.