As a Staff Accountant for Scalable, you will be responsible for maintaining bookkeeping processes and practices efficiently and accurately and for communicating clearly with internal staff, clients, and client customers/vendors. Our ideal candidate is a quick study who possesses a balance of bookkeeping knowledge, technical skills, and communication abilities. You will be working at client sites, from our office, or from home, depending on where you prefer to be.
This position can be part-time, becoming full-time, or full-time from the beginning. We are looking for a client-focused accountant who can handle multiple client relationships.
• Prepare client invoices and apply payments in Xero and QuickBooks Online
• Reconcile bank, credit card, and other balance sheet accounts
• Securely handle and manage sensitive and confidential information
• Run payroll and post journal entries
• Review income and expense accounts for consistent and appropriate classification
• Perform income reconciliations between the accounting system and other information management systems (e.g. practice management system, development database)
• Passion for detail, customer service, and integrity
• Fluency in basic bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles
• Outstanding written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience using Xero and QuickBooks Online
• Non-profit, legal, and/or retail bookkeeping experience
• Understanding of and experience with payroll reconciliation
• Associate or bachelor’s degree (ideally in finance, accounting, or business administration), accounting certificate, and/or formal bookkeeping training