Senior Merchant, Online
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Senior Merchant is responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned product categories, including internal and external factors that may impact the business. This role will develop, motivate, and coach merchants and specialists in negotiation and skills that will grow assigned categories. The Senior Merchant will build product categories that exceed customer expectations and achieve financial goals. The Senior Merchant will manage their assigned product assortments within the direction and objectives set forth by their MVP/DMM, including leading a team of direct reports, ranging from two to six associates with responsibility for making hiring decisions including hiring and terminations, performance management, and coaching.
• Accountable for Online P&L and buying responsibility for assigned product categories.
• Develops innovative strategies and 3-year roadmaps that improve online product category performance.
• Translates strategy into actionable tactics and drives execution.
• An understanding of existing and potential customer needs to identify products and services that exceed customer expectations.
• Assist in developing Associate Merchant skills in negotiation and buying, and provides support to Merchandising Specialists.
• Maintains strong, effective relationships with local vendor team and senior leadership.
• Partners for specific category tactics and execution.
• Execute on online merchandising strategy for assigned product groups that meets or exceeds financial goals, including sales and gross margin dollars for the assigned segment of business and multiple product groups.
• Leads both direct and indirect reports and is responsible for making hiring decisions, performance management, coaching, and terminations. Responsible for providing feedback and accountability to support functions and with vendors.
• Maintain strong, effective relationships with vendors to drive innovation and product development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 3+ years’ experience in merchandising OR 5+ years Merchant experience
• Experience with P&L responsibility
• Demonstrated experience in retail buying at a large or big-box retailer