Online Visual Designer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is the visual design and execution of all day-to-day e-commerce creative to support online merchandising and marketing. His/her primary focus will be designing and building individual, templatized assets for production. The visual designer will work with the rest of his/her team to ensure timely execution of all design tasks.
• Responsible for producing individual and/or a group of individual creative assets, directly following the design style guide and system, supporting their designated business domain.
• Responsible for design execution; Broad and shallow knowledge of the content management system (CMS) and how to utilize the CMS to build creative assets for the eCommerce website.
• Responsible for individual asset level issue triage; works with Lead Visual Designer or manager as necessary to resolve.
• Responsible for regular review and maintenance of creative assets housed in design system libraries ensuring proper naming conventions, organizational structure, and best practices are utilized.
• Responsible for working seamlessly within the Online Daily Production organization to execute required tasks on time, within asset quality and execution guidelines, and with no errors.
• Associate Degree in Visual Design, Web Design, Digital Design, Fine Arts (etc.), or related field
• 3 years of experience in designing for the web; experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• 2 years of experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, or Adobe XD; experience working with a content management system (ex: Adobe Experience Manager [AEM])
• Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Web Design, Digital Design, Fine Arts (etc.), or related field
• 2 years of experience in a corporate or agency environment or 5 years of experience in designing for the web
• 3+ years’ experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite
• Experience with Adobe CQ Content Management System(s)
• Experience with Scene7 Digital Asset Management