Senior Digital Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving the client journey and experience in the Digital Commerce team for Small Business Deposits, Credit Cards, and Lending/Loan products.
• Accountable for the ongoing success of client-facing digital platforms servicing millions of clients and prospects. Platforms are tier one, requiring high availability, performance, and mission-critical security requirements.
• Develop new digital products, solutions, and services. Includes product concept, structure, client experience, financial impact, sales projections, service levels, and operational requirements.
• Lead cross-functional technical (Digital Services, Application Development Services (ADS), Systems Integration Testing (SIT), systems engineering) and management teams to create innovative client experiences while proactively managing business and marketplace dynamics.
• Collaborate with enterprise and application architects to leverage system architecture and applications. Integrate business objectives with IT strategies for information security, infrastructure, and technology solutions.
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate mobile and online products to optimize client experience and increase acquisition, retention, and cross-sell of products and services.
• Assess, self-identify, and manage the business and technical risks for assigned platforms.
• Integrate usability principles, research, and market analysis in solution design and requirements. Define user research needs to ensure solutions meet client expectations while meeting budget and speed to market goals.
• Manage annual budget, including monthly forecasting.
• Accountable for meeting annual revenue goals.
• Research, develop, and champion strategies, methods, and programs that improve the acquisition, retention, profitability, and cross-sell of clients across BB&T’s product lines in the digital environment.
• Partner with lines of business and other digital leaders to develop roadmaps, business cases, and return on investment analysis. Gather and understand market dynamics, competition, and client needs to identify business opportunities.
• Develop and maintain appropriate reporting capabilities in order to communicate the value of digital properties (mobile/online applications and websites) to Senior Management.
• Partner with Marketing, Community Bank to create and successfully execute on promotional and development strategies for bank products and services across digital properties.
• Coordinate with third-party vendor account management and technical staff to evaluate solutions, develop statements of work, manage dependencies, and resolve conflicts within schedule and budget constraints.
• Hire, mentor, and manage platform managers and analysts. Provide regular direction and opportunities for team members to learn, grow, and improve their performance. Proactively address poor performance.
• Stay abreast of competitors (bank and non-bank) to report on developing trends and potential impacts on digital market share. Oversee the development of market analyses and identify strategic opportunities in the marketplace. Stay abreast of economic, regulatory, compliance, and competitive developments as they impact mobile and online sales platforms from an enterprise perspective.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent education and related training
• Seven years of experience in IT, product management, eCommerce or consulting experience in a software or hardware development environment with demonstrable experience in software development lifecycle execution including responsibility for budgets, schedules, and customer-focused deliverables
• Five years of experience in mobile and web product or platform development
• Ability to drive development for large scale projects; ability to develop release plans that break long term goals into short-term wins to facilitate learning, quick iteration, with shorter time to value and return on investment
• Demonstrable understanding and application of eBusiness (online and web) concepts and technology; ability to lead development, testing, and analysis of software components to ensure usability and applicability to the business environment and customer needs throughout the software development lifecycle, including post-implementation phase
• Deep experience with middleware and platform technologies, such as business process integration (Pegasystems), enterprise portal software (Liferay) and/or enterprise content management systems (HP Autonomy Teamsite)
• Energetic leader who is self-driven with proven ability to lead a team to sustainable high performance
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Master’s degree in an engineering or technology field; banking management education
• Systems engineering training and proven technical systems analysis skills
• Experience in banking, insurance and investments across multiple client segments including consumer, small business, wealth and commercial business