Director of Digital Experience
Lantern & Scroll is a dynamic, young, lighting design company headquartered in Charlotte with multiple storefronts nationwide, and a rapidly growing e-commerce division. Our work environment is multi-faceted, fast-paced, nimble, and well-traveled.
Every individual that encounters us in-store or at lanternandscroll.com is looking for one thing: a brilliant first impression. We have several showrooms around the country but our e-commerce site is our global showroom and we want it to be as impression-making and user friendly as a design tool as our other stores. Our site needs maintenance and a fresh pair of eyes to make it the best in our industry, and to make it interactive enough for customers to educate themselves, whilst providing a captivating, hassle-free, luxe brand experience.
If you are looking to gain real-world experience in the IT, web design, and digital experience field this summer, send us your resume today as we are hiring to fill this position at once!
• Support our e-commerce site by maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
• Beautify our e-commerce site by making UX improvements on WordPress and
WooCommerce as well as other plugins/integrations.
• Wow us with your coding skills- HTML, PHP, and CSS
• GoDaddy, Olark, security certificates and all that jazz
• Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
• Organize and maintain IT resources
• Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data
• Audit our website for errors/glitches…then fix them
• Speak-up with ideas and insights!
• Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems degree
• Experience with WordPress & WooCommerce
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience writing code – HTML, PHP, and CSS
• Be a go-getter! If you don’t know how to do something you are willing to search for answers and learn or try something new
• Want to work with a team of disruptors
• Willingness to travel when necessary
• This is resume gold! Gain hands-on experience as chief of a corporate IT department!
• Flexible schedule for students
• Party Fridays