The Finance Coordinator manages the company’s insurance program and entity compliance program; oversees lender and other compliance-related reporting, and provides general support to the finance team.
• Works directly with an insurance broker to manage property insurance program, provides information on properties, and ensures policies are renewed timely and accurately.
• Coordinates the insurance claim process, ensuring timely information between contractors, property, project manager, carrier, and lender.
• Coordinate liability, owner’s development liability, and builder’s risk policies for new developments. Provide detailed project information to the carrier. Track units turned to adjust policy for appropriate coverage, and transition to full coverage when appropriate.
• Monitor acquisitions, dispositions, and property management changes and add or terminate policies as necessary. Assists acquisitions team with insurance quotes for new projects.
• Coordinate payment of insurance invoices and maintain insurance records. Maintain a schedule of all insurance policies for renewals and payments.
• Coordinates management liability insurance program, including D&O, E&O, crime, and employment practices.
• Oversees business license applications and renewals.
• Oversees entity compliance and annual report filings. Ensures entities are registered in appropriate states.
• Serves as point of contact for any service of process from our registered agents; ensures appropriate company staff is notified.
• Coordinates lender reporting, including monthly, quarterly, or annually as required.
• Maintains entity ownership flow charts and updates regularly.
• Coordinates the creation of new entities and the dissolution of entities for sold projects.
• Maintains database of signature blocks and EIN’s to assist other team members with document execution. Prepares W-9’s as requested.
• Coordinates annual Brownfields filings.
• Coordinates all compliance-related invoicing and payments.
• Serves as corporate secretary. Maintains a list of board members and shareholders, related stock ledger, and other corporate items. Executes documents as needed.
• Assists the finance team with loan closings.
• Provides general support for the finance team, including special projects as needed.
• Bachelors degree, and two years of related experience.
• Must be very detail-oriented and organized, with emphasis on accuracy and completeness of tasks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to be flexible, work in a fast-paced environment and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
• Ability to operate general office machines such as facsimiles, copiers, postage meter, typewriter, printer, and computer.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.