Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org
Receives and provides information to patients, significant others, healthcare team members, and hospital guests in a courteous and professional manner. Provides an accurate and timely registration process to the patient population.
• Greets and assists customers, patients, and visitors. Acts with a sense of urgency when dealing with patients and workflow
• Verifies all patients have orders with diagnosis and referring physician information including a legible physician signature
• Performs point-of-service collections in a professional manner
• Acts and communicates in a professional manner, appropriate for the healthcare setting
• Assumes responsibility for ensuring the waiting area is clean and orderly
• Identifies patients utilizing two forms of identification; armbands all patients. Explains the process to all patients. Assists patients with undressing needs if required
• Responds to emergencies in the department following processes identified for that particular area
• Assists in meeting departmental goals, point-of-service collections, and registration accuracy
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires the ability to concentrate with constant interruptions. Will be required to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, and moderate lifting of patients.
• High School Diploma or GED required
Location: Atrium Health Pineville