Cloosiv builds software for coffee shops, cafés, and bakeries that enables a world-class mobile ordering experience across the largest network of coffee drinkers in the United States.
As an early-stage employee, you’ll be a core member of our small team and your work will directly impact the success of our business. The ideal candidate is passionate about building meaningful relationships and excels in a fast-paced environment with little direction.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development of all major features and bug fixes on the Android platform, including the Cloosiv User and Merchant mobile apps.
Before outlining the desired skills, the best way to understand if this role is for you is to ask yourself these three questions:
1. Do you drink coffee? 😜
2. Would you use this product if you knew it existed?
3. Do you believe it’s valuable to support small businesses?
If you answered “yes” to all three questions, we want to talk to you!
• You love building software
• You’re self-driven and motivated by a desire to ship a polished mobile app and maintain a lean code base
• You have strong design intuition and can empathize with users
• You stay on top of mobile development news, and you make note of new open-source libraries and best practices
• You write highly performant code and know how to performance tune mobile apps
• You’re motivated to improve the product and codebase beyond what’s expected
• If you don’t know something, you find the answer
• You teach yourself new development skills and learn to develop with new libraries
• This is a startup, and being available and responsive is critical to your success in this role – nights and weekends are inevitable. If you join our team, this will be the most difficult work experience you’ve ever had, but also the most rewarding
• 2+ years of experience with Java and Kotlin
• Demonstrable experience building and publishing Android apps
• Competitive Salary