HOPE Academy is a K-12 private, Christian, University-Model® School in Concord, NC. HOPE is entering its tenth year and recently celebrated its first graduating class in 2019 and SACS/CASI Accreditation in 2018. HOPE partners with families through a schedule that allows parents to have more time and influence in their children’s lives while simultaneously engaging students in relevant and meaningful learning experiences. HOPE prepares students for success in college and beyond by utilizing project-based learning as a cornerstone of its academic program.
HOPE Academy is seeking a high potential, innovative, and motivated nonprofit professional to serve as its first Director of Advancement. The candidate will aspire for professional growth and the ability to use his/her skills to champion the mission and vision of HOPE. He/She will serve on the school’s leadership team with shared responsibility for the health and growth of the school. The Advancement Director will be responsible for managing admissions and development functions for the school and working with both school and board leadership to ensure a viable, diverse, innovative, and sustainable revenue base to support both short-term and long-range objectives of the school. This full-time exempt position reports to the Head of School.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive development program and plan to annually increase charitable giving.
• Cultivate a culture of giving and gratitude among the school families and extended family.
• Oversee all aspects of the advancement program, including the annual fund, major giving, planned giving, and preparation for a capital campaign.
• Create strategies and tactics for the annual fund; corporate, foundation, and church grants; and special events.
• Identify, cultivate, and steward major gift relationships.
• Create and manage the annual budget for the development office.
• Select and oversee the implementation of a development database to ensure accurate records and reporting capabilities.
• Oversee the acknowledgement of donations and implement an effective stewardship program that cultivates future giving.
• Establish policies and procedures to ensure best practices in operations for independent schools.
• Develop and implement a plan for board and volunteer engagement in fundraising efforts.
• Lead, manage, and evaluate the student enrollment process to maintain capacity enrollment. Provide creative oversight, in keeping with the school’s mission, to proactively recruit and retain mission appropriate students.
• Create a comprehensive marketing plan to target, nurture, and enroll mission appropriate students.
• Oversee all aspects of the admissions office and program to include recruitment, testing, budgeting, financial aid, publications, and annual re-enrollment of current students.
• Respond to all new student inquiries with the goal of cultivating relationships with all mission appropriate families.
• Schedule, plan, publicize, and lead Open Houses to identify and attract mission appropriate students.
• Schedule interviews with prospective families to include campus tours and meetings with appropriate school leaders.
• Educate and enlist faculty and staff to assist where needed in the admissions process.
• Organize and lead parent volunteer and mentoring programs to support new student enrollment.
• Maintain appropriate records and admission statistics throughout the enrollment process to monitor effectiveness of the admissions process.
• Serve as a member of the senior leadership team.
• Be an informed and passionate ambassador for HOPE Academy in the surrounding community and beyond.
• Seek opportunities for professional growth and development.
• Remain knowledgeable of emerging issues, trends, and opportunities in development, admissions, and marketing.
• Assist with the development of the annual operating budget and ensure adherence to approved budget spending.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
• Acknowledges full agreement with the HOPE Academy Statement of Faith.
• Demonstrates deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ.
• Capacity to embrace challenges and thrive in an environment where creative ideas, intellectual curiosity, independent thinking, personal accountability, and close collegial relationships are appreciated.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to public groups, major donors, and school families.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years of relevant experience, preferably in an independent school environment.
• Working knowledge of the concepts of fundraising, admissions and their application.
• Ability to construct a fundraising strategy and assist in leading its implementation, monitoring, and successful execution to achieve the contributed revenue goals.
• Ability to develop and lead marketing efforts to ensure a capacity enrollment of mission appropriate students.
• Experience in building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships and for cultivating a caring environment for students, staff, volunteers, and all school families.
• Ability to motivate and inspire fellow team members and volunteers to achieve goals.
• Exhibits diplomacy and discretion, adhering to the highest ethical standards.
• Ability to adjust personal schedule as needed for support at school functions, which often occur on evenings and weekends.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Benefits include four weeks of paid vacation and a tuition discount for all children that attend HOPE Academy. Health and retirement benefits are not currently available.