Summit Park is a Charlotte, North Carolina based private equity firm. The firm was founded in 2006 and is currently investing its third fund, which closed with $245 million of commitments in 2018. Summit Park invests across a range of industries, including business and consumer services, light manufacturing, and value-added distribution. Additional information is available on the firm’s website: www.summitparkllc.com.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Compliance, the Controller/Assistant Controller will assume primary responsibilities relating to tax administration, compliance, as well as selected financial accounting and reporting requirements for Summit Park’s entities including its portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in tax and/or accounting for private equity firms.
• Manage year-end tax compliance for all Summit Park entities including portfolio
• Review and distribute tax returns and schedule K-1s to investors
• Manage legal entity formation and reporting requirements
• Treasury management of Summit Park and its affiliated entities
• Manage internal expense reporting and billing
• Manage the Summit Park’s vendors and payables
• Manage insurance contracts and annual policy renewals
• Assist with year-end audit confirms and ad-hoc reporting requests
• At least 3 years in public accounting with private equity and/or asset management
• Record of academic achievement with an undergraduate degree in accounting and/or
• Superior problem-solving, analytical, and research skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with
senior management and investors
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently with limited oversight, multi-task,
and meet demanding deadlines in a small team environment
• An upbeat, positive attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented
• Excellent anticipation, problem-solving, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results
• Advanced Excel and QuickBooks knowledge, or comparable accounting software
• CPA preferred
• Strong ethics and values
This is a full-time position and will include the ability to participate in firm benefits.