Charlotte’s newest Fortune 500 headquarters is starting to take shape, and Sealed Air (the company behind Bubble Wrap) is planning big things.
The structure of the company’s research and development building is already coming together, the first to begin but will actually be the last to complete. Two other main buildings will round out the campus in the LakePointe Corporate Center. The plan is to move in in stages beginning in late 2016. The full campus will be ready by 2017.
That’s why Sealed Air chose LakePointe, the ability to create a campus rather than construct an office building, said Norm Finch, vice president and general counsel.
As all this comes together, Sealed Air has already formally moved the headquarters and the company is approaching 400 employees at a temporary office off Arrowood Road.
Sealed Air HQ facts
- The company announced it would move its headquarters to Charlotte from Elmwood Park, New Jersey in July 2014, bringing 1,300+ jobs.
- Ground broke on the headquarters campus in June of this year.
- Besides the three office buildings, there will be two parking decks, an outdoor multipurpose athletic court and a small building on the lake for customer events.
- Campus will also include a gym, indoor/outdoor cafeteria area overlooking the lake and a coffee bar.
- Sealed Air has hired 330+ employees in Charlotte so far, with the balance coming from relocations. Hires have come across the board, including finance, HR, supply chain, marketing, legal and the product lines.
- Seeking LEED certification for the buildings.
- Lots of collaboration space in the office buildings. Some rooms will look like a breakfast nook with high chairs overlooking a table. Others will look like a booth where three to four people can work together. Individual offices will be able to be checked out for the day when needed. “The campus is people’s office, as opposed to having an office with a door,” Finch said.
Here’s what the HQ campus will look like
Here’s how it looks now
Never been to LakePointe? The Sealed Air campus will join an established business park with office buildings (tenants include AmerisourceBergen and Shelco) and a hotel.