Product Design Manager
Xceleration, a significant player in the unique employee engagement space, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, with regional offices in Atlanta and New York. We provide incentive and recognition solutions for our clients by combining the latest technology with our global expertise and years of industry experience. We encourage you to spend some time on our full-featured website (www.xceleration.com) to learn more about us, the services we provide to our varied clients, and our company culture!
We’re a team of bright, motivated professionals, each of whom brings unique perspectives, experience, ideas, and skills to our roles. Our company culture means everything to us – we call it CARE (Collaborative. Adaptable. Respectful. Efficient.) Every member of our team works hard to exemplify these qualities in every aspect of the work we do each day.
We’re looking for people who genuinely want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. It’s not enough to be a cog in the machine here – and you’ll never be treated like one. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment: people who can think creatively, problem-solve quickly, and who welcome change and challenge with positivity. We’re always pushing ourselves and our solutions forward for our clients. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll join us!
Xceleration is looking for a versatile and experienced Product Designer to lead our Product Design Team. Xceleration provides the exciting and fast-paced culture of a growing company with the relaxed and collaborative culture of an agency. We’re looking for someone with a diverse wheelhouse in front-end development, UX design, interaction design and a facilitative leadership style.
As the Product Design Manager at Xceleration you’ll be involved in every stage of the design process. You’ll be driving towards the best outcome for both stakeholders and users, estimating and scoping design work, and facilitating the product design workflow of the team. Ultimately, you’ll help us design products that are easy to use, visually appealing, user-friendly, and technologically feasible.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to define and clarify digital product requirements
• Work with our internal team to develop a holistic and customizable Design System for our products
• Create reusable UI patterns and components to achieve consistency in collaboration with the Front-end Team
• Develop data visualization standards in collaboration with the Data Science Team
• Conceptualize and create graphics and animated banners for use within our products
• Develop personas, journey maps, sitemaps, and navigational schemes to inform the design of our digital products
• Create the structural organization of information across various system platforms
• Revise and enhance designs based on stakeholder and user feedback, technical input, and business decisions to ensure wireframes and visual designs align with the overall vision
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, industry trends, emerging platforms, and product design/UX best practice
• Lead UX-focused efforts such as research, user flows, and user testing to validate design decisions and identify new opportunities
• Effectively discuss and present solutions with stakeholders
• Estimate and scope design work; ensuring design deliverables are done sprint(s) ahead of development
• Speak to the details of the design deliverables and user stories, answering questions and resolving ambiguities
• Understand core product metrics and build design solutions that meet business goals
• Experience working in an agile environment where collaboration with engineers and product managers is critical
• Experience facilitating user research and testing and leveraging results to improve designs
• Demonstrated success designing solutions that meet users’ needs and business goal
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Must have experience writing React JS code
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a Product Designer or UX Designer role
1• to 3 years of management experience preferred
• Must have experience being responsible for high-level IA and user journeys
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
• Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well in teams or independently
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
• Highly adaptable and able to pivot due to changing requirements or client feedback
• Able to translate findings into clear guidance for other designers and developers
• Expert user of Adobe design products
• React JS experience
• Deep understanding of responsive design
• Understanding of component-based front-end architecture and dynamic page views
• Fluency in Sketch, InVision, or similar tools
• Competitive pay, perks, and thoughtful policies
• Company-paid holidays
• Generous PTO and flexible scheduling opportunities
• Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal, Short/Long-term Disability, 401(k) & Retirement planning
• Open-door culture and professional development opportunities.
• Comfortable, casual work environment – plus coffee and snacks – we want you to enjoy coming to work!
• Participate in the solutions you build! Our employees participate in Xcel!, our internal recognition program. You’ll use RewardStation® – our proprietary software – to give and receive points for a job well done. You can redeem your points in a catalog built just for our team, with exciting merchandise, gift cards, travel & experience options, and more!