Community Relations Manager
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on the volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit here.
Community Relations Managers are an integral part of our outreach team. High levels of energy, flexibility, creativity, the ability to work well with a team, and problem-solving are required to be successful. You will be expected to design and execute community events throughout the week. Creating a positive environment for events at which the clinic’s outreach team can succeed is a key component of the Community Relation Manager’s role.
A Community Relation Manager plays an especially important part in expanding our reputation in the community. S/he is responsible for marketing Oak Street Health to eligible seniors by creating relationships with people important to our customer base, scheduling events, and participating in events. S/he works closely with the Marketing and Outreach teams.
This position has opportunities for advancement to leadership positions on the outreach team.
• Establish connections and build relationships with community leaders that have access to our patient population of older adults on Medicare.
• Contact community leaders to create events and opportunities for our Outreach Associates to present Oak Street Health to the community, and to bring eligible prospective patients into the our centers.
• Heavy prospecting and cold calling to service coordinators at senior buildings, police districts, libraries, churches, park districts, senior groups, social services organizations, food pantries, and other community resource centers serving seniors.
• Coordinate all details of the events with Oak Street employees to ensure that catering, materials, scheduling are all in sync.
• This position requires a high attention to detail and creativity
• Public speaking combined with strong written and verbal skills
• Must be comfortable with some cold calling and prospecting in a sales or business development environment
• There is daily accountability on the number of events scheduled, so there must be a strong desire to work in a high profile position
• Minimum performance standards include scheduling no fewer than 10 events per week.
• Proven history of creating relationships with community leaders.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
• US work authorization
What it means to be OAKY:
• Creating an unmatched patient experience
• Driving clinical excellence
• Taking ownership and driving for results
• Being scrappy
• Radiating positive energy
• Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
• The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
• High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
• Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
• Supportive and fun culture