Lead Mobile Developer
Bank of America is the first financial services company to be both mobile app- and online banking-certified by J.D. Power for providing “An Outstanding Customer Experience.”
Bank of America’s digital banking platform serves more than 36 million digital clients, including 26 million active mobile users. During the third quarter of 2018, mobile banking clients logged into their accounts 1.4 billion times, made 137 million bill payments and deposited 33 million checks via mobile.
The Bank of America Mobile Engineering team is looking for highly-skilled Mobile Developers who are passionate about continuously improving our customers’ Mobile experience.
Design, Develop & Prototype, iOS or Android native customer applications for phones and tablets for internal and external use. Participate in full app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store. Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates. Keep up-to-date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms. Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools. Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
Provide leadership and deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints. May be responsible for coordinating teams to accomplish development in a matrixed organization. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
For iOS Developer role
• Experience working with Apple Mobile Application technologies.
• Expertise in software development using Objective-C or Swift, along with willingness to work on both languages.
• Experience working on UI using MVP and MVVM patterns.
• Solid understanding of Apple Security Standards and data protection on devices.
For Android Developer role
• Experience working with Android Mobile Application technologies.
• A rock-solid understanding of object-oriented design patterns and Java.
• Developer tools: Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse, JSON/XML, Web services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), Jenkins, Network layer like Volley, Retrofit
• Expertise in Android development using Java or Kotlin, along with willingness to work on both languages.
For both roles
• Demonstrated interest in technology, technology-related issues, and analytical analysis.
• High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience.
• Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members.
• Motivated self-starter with high attention to detail.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution.