Senior Data Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
This role is a critical member of the Underwriting Data & Analytics Team and will be expected to synthesize, cleanse, and analyze large data sets. This role will work closely with the teams in Life New Business & Underwriting to initially stand up meaningful and actionable KPIs; with long-term responsibilities of analyzing trends and making actionable recommendations based off results. This role will also collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Data teams in order to gather business intelligence, make connections, and glean key insights about data. This individual may or may not have passed one or more actuarial exams; however, this position is not part of the Brighthouse actuarial student program.
• Drive effort to stand up meaningful KPIs for the Life New Business & Underwriting department that follow SMART criteria, with a focus on buy-in, communication, and explaining the importance of data capabilities
• Partner with team lead in development of repeatable, analytical structure for Data & Analytics Team production reports, focusing on actionable insights that tie in KPI trends
• Build and maintain data visualization dashboards and act as a key educational analytics resource for the Life New Business & Underwriting team
• Collaborate with underwriting and business partners in support of company initiatives, and perform sensitivity analyses where appropriate to evaluate the impact of options/paths
• Analyze trends in data and make actionable recommendations to leaders with clear, concise communication
• Build risk and sensitivity models related to underwriting functions
• Guide and train less senior team members
• Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Data Science, or other related quantitative field
• 7+ years’ experience with increasing responsibility in a quantitative/data analytics role, preferably at a life insurance company
• Advanced Excel, VBA and SQL required
• Prior modeling experience required (mortality and/or risk-sensitivity a plus), including the ability to effectively communicate the business impact of results across various levels of the organization
• Prior experience using Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe Analytics, TrackVia, or other business intelligence tool preferred
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Knowledge of fluidless and/or accelerated underwriting processes a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment, support multiple projects, and resolve conflicting priorities
Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn