Product Marketing Manager
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you’ll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential. We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and deployment of comprehensive go-to-market plans and strategic marketing through research, analytics and strong problem-solving skills. You will play a pivotal role in coordinating efforts between product, operations, and sales to ensure clear communication across the organization. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products.
• Lead the strategic development of integrated go-to-market plans that consider market opportunities, buyer personas, product positioning, and competitive influences
• Assess new opportunities by evaluating corporate goals, strategic alignment, competition, and customer impact to identify the best market problems to solve
• Influence the product roadmap with customer feedback, sales positioning, and marketing research to bring best-in-class products to market
• Develop compelling solution positioning that aligns with buyer personas and highlights value propositions that are competitively differentiated
• Plan and drive the launch of new product initiatives along with product updates to generate awareness, drive usage, and achieve sales success
• Ensure communication alignment across functional areas including marketing, sales, public relations, operations, product, and sales enablement to maximize effectiveness
• Serve as a market and product positioning expert by integrating industry trends, buyer personas, market trends, and competitive influences to provide valuable insights to the organization
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing on-demand generation to develop strategies that drives quality leads and engagement throughout the sales cycle
• Develop valuable sales collateral and tools to support our buyer experience and maximize win rates
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, finance or a minimum of 3-5 years of prior relevant experience
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills; ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends with strong technical and writing abilities
• Experience with SaaS products and education field a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work towards strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Track record of successful product delivery from inception to launch
• Team player with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
• Asks the right questions to determine the best course of action. Problem-solver who understands how to balance bandwidth while meeting the needs of the organization
• Legal right to work in the United States