VP Business Development Officer (HIRED)
Bank OZK is built on a legacy of more than 100 years in banking. We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, exceptional customer service, and year-after-year recognition of our industry-leading financial performance. Uniquely positioned with our own internal Fintech team, we create and offer innovative personal and business banking solutions.
We are dedicated to building community and strive to help our customers succeed financially. By helping to facilitate financial stability for our customers, we positively impact their lives and support families and our communities. We are socially responsible. We also aspire to foster a productive and enriching work environment for our team members. When our customers and team members thrive, we achieve success for our bank.
In this role, you will be responsible for new business growth in one (or more) banking centers in our growth-oriented retail bank. You will contribute your unique talents, skills, and experiences to cultivate, maintain and strengthen relationships with the community, providing excellent customer service while meeting the financial needs of our customers. You will lead your team and our bank to get better every day.
• Accomplished business development leader with a proven track record of successfully building customer relationships
• Highly motivated self-starter who has a strong and positive reputation in the local market
• Energized by business development goals
• Tenacious focus on the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
• Demonstrated ability to inspire other team members to meet business objectives
• Passionate about the successful delivery of Bank OZK’s retail value proposition
• Expert, influential communicator and negotiator
• Leverage local market networks and centers of influence to identify, prospect and pursue business opportunities
• Conduct outbound calling and business development activities, leveraging traditional channels and new channels (i.e., social media)
• Execute strategic and tactical plans to ensure growth, business development productivity and financial targets are achieved
• Generate organic consumer and business deposit and loan growth that supports the bank’s NIM and efficiency goals
• May identify and close commercial loan opportunities
• Lead by example and be a change agent to help banking center team members develop, demonstrate and grow business development skills
• Enthusiastically embrace, support and model the bank’s values and mission
• Ensure regular and effective upstream and downstream communication with regional and division leadership and with banking center team members
• Model talent development skills and business development skills to facilitate strong employee engagement
• Identify and recruit talent
• Display a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism at all times
Follow Bank policy, procedures and guidelines to protect customers and bank assets
• Bachelor degree or commensurate work experience required
• 1+ year business development and leadership experience required
• Proven, consistent achievement of business growth goals and financial targets required
• Comprehensive knowledge of bank products/services and regulations required
• Experience leading and coaching professionals preferred
• NMLS preferred (required for lending activities)
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.