Sales Director (HIRED)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into more complex sales roles, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
The Sales Capture Senior Manager will manage sales campaigns for top opportunities in Communications, Media & High Technology (https://www.accenture.com/us-en/industries/cmt-index) and will be responsible for day-to-day campaign management, with emphasis on opportunity qualification, win strategy definition/execution, proposal development, orals presentation, and support of contract negotiations. The successful candidate will apply Accenture’s corporate strategies, client service group priorities, and formal sales campaign management processes to secure new contracts and deliver sales that meet or exceed financial goals within acceptable risk parameters.
• Relationship Development: Develop and leverage existing relationships with potential buyers in the local region through personal meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, business networking, telephone calls, personal emails, personal mailings, business forums, direct marketing, and/or other business or social outings.
• Client Demand Stimulation and Opportunity Generation: Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients. Engage in activities focused at generating client awareness of the firm and/or demand for its Services.
• Sales Process Leadership: Lead Sales Process for specific approved opportunities, complying with internal sales stage entry/exit requirements. Construct and execute opportunity plan, including win themes, win tactics & action plan, relationship plan, deal shaping and price-to-win; Review solution plans, cost models and written proposals as appropriate to ensure alignment with sales strategy, win themes, and price-to-win.
• Manages large work efforts as an individual contributor at a client or within Accenture.
• Travel up to 75%
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales Execution/Sales Pursuit and Closure
• Minimum 3 years experience selling consulting and/or outsourcing services within the communications, media or high-technology industry
• Minimum 5 years experience in business development, sales execution/pursuit and closure
Annual sales targets exceeding $5 Million
• Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
• Experience selling new/emerging technologies
• Bachelors degree
• Proven sales leadership originating and closing technology services opportunities
• New IT conversant
• Client facing (from deal qualification through close)
• Has or will earn credibility with Technology and other executives
• Understands Accenture Technology offerings including supporting differentiation and value propositions
• Ability to network across Accenture
• High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
• Strong facilitation and communication skills – both written and verbal
• Team player of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
• Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
• Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.