Cares for the church facilities by providing leadership and personal work ethic that fosters a culture of positive customer service, excellent operations and proactive maintenance. Provides supervision and direction to sexton staff; ensures Church building and grounds are clean and in an orderly condition; performs and manages tasks related to building maintenance; develops vendor relationships and performs project work as assigned.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferred) and five years of applicable experience; or equivalent combination or education, certifications and experience.
• Provides supervision and creates work schedules for sexton staff using automated scheduling/timekeeping system
• Provides support in building automation systems (BAS); audio, video, and lighting (AVL) systems; security systems; event calendar and work order systems
• Works a flexible schedule for supervision and event support
• Available on-call for emergencies, fire alarms, security alarms, and major equipment failures
• Invests in staff through supervision, training, safety, and by example to achieve desired outcomes
• Assigns work orders to appropriate staff to ensure set-ups, maintenance projects, and general cleaning duties are completed with a high degree of quality
• Performs setups, general maintenance and housekeeping duties alongside staff as needed
• Performs basic repairs related to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting and landscape maintenance
• Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, safety, and critical operating equipment
• Responsible for ordering janitorial supplies and equipment required for cleanliness, safety, efficiency and within budget limits
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with various trade contractors to ensure quality, timeliness, and performance; manages contracts and contractors as assigned by Operations Director
• Performs project related work as assigned by Operations Director
• Conducts weekly review of building and grounds to maintain, discover and improve cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security concerns
• Assists with vehicle fleet upkeep and routine maintenance scheduling
• Other duties as assigned by Operations Director
• Fosters an attitude of caring customer service that supports the congregation, staff, and guests
• Provides good communication with staff, congregation, and guests
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and cooperative work environment.
• Supports church mission and culture
• Displays knowledge and understanding required to work with the complexities of ministry in a large church
• Demonstrates administrative and organizational skills, with an attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at one time
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to assess needs and produce results
• Exhibits ownership of responsibility and follow-through on commitments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems
Qualified applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to Lynn Williams (email@example.com).