Direct Support Professional
Join a team of passionate and caring people who make a difference in people’s lives. We are now hiring for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to provide direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our DSPs are the STARS of our organization who provide caregiving to the people we support.
Note: This may be in a group home, home-like setting.
• Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and healthcare-related tasks.
• Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their housemates
• Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
• Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs
• Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
• Encouraging self-help activities
• Reporting changes in client’s condition or family situation to the office
• Documenting services provided
• Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
• Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
• Accompanying client to scheduled appointments
• Transporting clients or running errands for clients