We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster – and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
• We fund $600 million in home loans per month
• Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
• 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
• We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
• And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
• We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
Better is looking for a Closing Manager to join the team. This person will work closely with our Head of Closing to help manage production flow and pipeline management of our closing experts. We are looking for an organized leader who is comfortable working in the weeds while operating from a bird’s eye view. Someone who is driven by maintaining and improving successful workflows and hitting consistent metrics.
Beyond producing high-quality loans and managing priorities, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. To do this, we need you to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex mortgage process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers and industry experts to resolve technical and operational challenges.
•Manage a team of 8-10 closing experts with a focus on driving production, pipeline management and, process improvement
• Provide leadership and direction to high-performance closing team
• Actively track timeline and progress of Closing Expert onboarding and training
• Serve as the first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management
• Develop creative and innovative ways to improve team performance
• Manage and monitor overall performance metrics and pipeline management
• 3-5 years of direct closing experience
• 2+ years of direct closing or mortgage operations management experience
•Strong understanding of production flow and pipeline projections
• High empathy and customer-centric mindset
• Proven demonstrations of improvement and tangible results
• A proven leader and mentor
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Highly adaptable and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Things we value:
• Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
• Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
• Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
• Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
• Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
• Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people’s biggest dreams are in your hands.
• Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
• Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.