Shopkeeper Apprentice (HIRED)
Founded by Jeni Britton Bauer in 2002, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is a B Corporation headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with scoop shops in ten cities across the country, making it possible for members of Team Jeni’s who are interested in developing their careers, or transitioning to a new city, to have meaningful opportunities to learn, grow, and explore.
Our mission is to make the world’s best ice creams and build community, and our scoop shops are at the heart of how we serve this mission. They are where we offer the ice creams we work so hard to build from the ground up—where people come together to share joy and conversation.
We love people. We love ice cream. We view ice cream as a form of art.
Our Shopkeeper Apprentices make a difference in their shop, their community, and in how they lead their team and serve their customers. If this opportunity sounds delicious to you, please apply.
Shopkeeper Apprentices are full-time employees sharing the same responsibilities as the Shopkeeper including accounting, scheduling, inventory/ordering, and all HR functions (hiring, training, development, and performance management of all team members).
Shopkeeper Apprentices report directly into a Shopkeeper and can act as the second-in-command at a full shop or as first-in-command at a low volume/complexity location. Shopkeeper Apprentices undergo ongoing training and development from their Shopkeeper throughout their time in the position to best prepare them to support the shops in their market as well as for success in a future Shopkeeper position.
Qualities of a Shopkeeper Apprentice:
• Passionate about customer service and inspires passion in their team
• Strong work ethic, good heart, and team-first mentality
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and achieve competing deadlines
• Creative, resourceful, and proactive problem solver
• Energetic, positive, and skillful communicator
• Eagerness to adapt and grow as a leader
Benefits of a Shopkeeper Apprentice:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly bonus potential for shop performance
• Excellent insurance (health, dental, vision, dental)
• Paid time off, including sick, vacation, and holiday pay
• 4% match on 401k contributions after 1 year of employment
• A one-month paid sabbatical after 3 years of continuous service
• Annual paid day to volunteer for a non-profit organization that matters to you
• 50% discount at Jeni’s Scoop Shops and online
• Career development toward Shopkeeper and beyond
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.