Director, Real Estate Strategy and Execution
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
The Director of Real Estate Strategy and Execution is the single point of contact with internal business partners and senior leaders/executives, responsible for understanding and influencing assigned business unit plans and strategies. This role will serve as a subject matter expert for assigned lines of business throughout entire process from definition of needs, development of strategy, space planning, leasing, design, construction, moves and change management to ensure seamless delivery. Responsible for ensuring financial results are aligned with business parameters and align with overall goal/direction of the enterprise. The position is well placed within the GRE strategy division to lead and influence business unit decisions aligned with corporate objectives .
• Interact with executive level managers to understand business strategy with highly positive demeanor and strong communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop and synthesize real estate portfolio strategies by thoroughly understanding core business platforms and competitive position through proven subject matter expertise.
• Able to quickly generate comparative analysis of business needs against broader objectives which will provide financial comparison to ensure alignment with enterprise strategy and expected results
• Create collaborative Global Real Estate and enterprise strategic initiatives and policies requiring knowledge of all aspects of GRE strategy and execution including:
• Detailed financial analytics (ROI, NPV, etc.)
• Domestic and Internationally line of business focused real estate portfolio plans
• GRE leasing practices focused on enabling the line of business to be successful when entering new markets
• Clearly identifies and summarizes line of business
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 plus years in commercial or corporate real estate industry supporting specific lines of business
• 5 plus years experience in space planning, leases, renewals, design and construction
• Managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Master’s Degree in Business administration
• MCR or SLCR designation (CoreNet Global)
• 10 plus years in commercial or corporate real estate industry