Tonight (Thursday, October 1) is the grand opening on NoDa Brewing’s new location – NoDa North End. Charlotte’s signature brewing company is doing it big by kicking off Breast Cancer Awareness month with a Pink Pint Night presented by Charlotte Radiology.
- Event starts at 4 p.m. and goes until 8:30 p.m.
- NoDa North End taproom hours going forward: Sunday 1 p.m.- 6 p.m., Monday 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Tuesday 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Wednesday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Thursday 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Friday 4 p.m – 9:30 p.m., Saturday noon – 10 p.m.
- Tonight: Silent auction, live music, food trucks, NoDa’s exclusive pink brew.
- A portion of every beer sold and all proceeds from the auction and merchandise sales will go towards Levine Cancer Institute’s Project PINK to fund local mammograms for uninsured women.
- In 2014, 630 uninsured women were screened, 78 percent had never had a mammogram or were overdue and six cases of breast cancer were diagnosed through Project PINK.
- Entry is free.
- Special guest emcee: Wilson from Wilson’s World.
- Food trucks: Tin Kitchen, OooWee BBQ and King of Pops.
- Silent auction items include an iPad, YETI cooler, custom jewelry and more.
Trying to use Google Maps? Not yet. It’ll take NoDa North End about 2 weeks to get on Google Maps, so you’ll need to plug this address into your phone instead of searching by brand name – 2921 N. Tryon Street.
Okay, here’s your user guide for NoDa Brewing’s new location…
Don’t be fooled and try to go in the doors you see from the street, this is not the taproom entrance.
Be impressed by these giant containers.
Read the sign on the building and drive down this road to the parking lot and taproom entrance.
Fancy and well-allocated gravel lot is here for your parking pleasure. Park here.
Boom! You just got muraled. Enjoy the work of Matt Hooker and Matt Moore. Love these guys – their work is changing the face of the city.
Enter the taproom.
Take a seat on these old pews from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on The Plaza.
Respect this fancy wood.
Assess this three station bar for the least crowded area to order your beer. Eight taps on the outer bar areas and 16 taps in the center. Most beers will be $5 for a pint.
Watch out South End, North End is coming… (cool pint glasses promoting the North).
As you turn from the bar, you’ll say “Wait what is that? Another bar area in the back corner?” Yes, yes it is.
You can also hit up this back bar area from outside – windows will open for service (love this feature).
Sure you’ll notice the picnic tables, but there is also powerful electrical to make it easy for food trucks to park in the back area and serve you food. Eat.
Coming soon… fire pit, corn hole area and bocce ball area.
After your beer, you need to use the restroom and will pass this mural of employees.
Hi Chad and Suzie.
Enjoy the Coco Loco inspired wall. NoDa Brewing also purchased some of the old Bojangles’ Coliseum seats and will likely add them outside the restroom so that you can grab a retro seat while waiting for your buddy or lover.
Urinals on urinals.
Random hallway you’re not allowed down until NoDa starts their tours.
Hallway leads to beer areas that look complicated.
That’s it. Enjoy NoDa North End tonight! Cheers!