Event Manager (HIRED)
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority will leverage our hospitality marketing and management expertise to maximize the impact of the Charlotte Region’s economy…creating opportunities and jobs for our community.
The Event Manager acts as the primary liaison between the Charlotte Convention Center or NASCAR Hall of Fame and clients from the initial booking of events through the conclusion of events.
• Manages routine events to ensure the execution of services which include public safety, cleanliness of facility, room set-up, power distribution, lighting, and air temperature.
• On-site Building Manager during events directly overseeing all departments and service contractors in relation to the Execution of the Event.
• Exercise tact and courtesy in performing duties in achieving the common goal of customer satisfaction.
• Produces event agendas by scripting client event specifications and distributes agenda to appropriate departments for execution.
• Create & Revise room layouts with knowledge of fire code regulations and building resources.
• Monitors event as it occurs to ensure that all event activities are executed in a timely manner.
• Enforces event regulations and handles emergency situations.
• Meets deadlines with limited supervision.
• Conducts site visits with clients prior to events to identify any areas of concern or adjust the itinerary if needed.
• Conducts pre-event meetings with clients to discuss the flow and overview of the event.
• Prepares post-event summaries, provides billing information, and critiques execution of event and general client service experience.
• Prepares reports for Risk Management in the event of patron accidents.
• Assists Event Managers as necessary.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may consist of nights, weekends and possibly holidays.
• May perform other duties as required.
• This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
• This job will have periodic access to confidential data including company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds
• Service oriented style with professional presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Motivational leader
• Effective in providing exceptional customer service
• Ability to improve the bottom line
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
• Creative and innovative
• Keen eye for detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Passionate, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Energetic
• Project management experience
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to anticipate customer needs
• Builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs
• Treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, and delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school
• 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.