Decision Counsel focuses on solving big problems, designing cool experiences, and producing great content. We understand that the best experience isn’t crafted in a silo, but stems from a coordinated team effort across design, content, strategy and project management.
The DC team is currently looking for a passionate and creative Mid-Level / Senior Designer in the Charlotte area with an interest in modern marketing. Our Designers focus on finding unique and innovative ways to deliver impact for our clients. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a self-driven environment and have a thirst to bring our customer’s experiences, brands and products to life in new and creative ways.
• 5+ years of experience working professionally as part of a dynamic design team
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design
• Amazing attention to detail with a keen eye for iconography, typography, color and space
• Passion for design and innovation, with an open attitude towards new projects and opportunities!
• Ability to work independently, but excited about collaboration and feedback
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – able to listen and empathize with multiple points of view
• Design background in print, digital and branding with a strong visual portfolio
• Experience meeting deadlines and handling major launches with high quality deliverables
• Able to translate insights from customer research and user studies into meaningful action to ensure the fit and finish is right on every project
• Resourceful, adaptable, and able to thrive in challenging and new situations
• Experience and knowledge of components and symbols in Sketch or Figma, as well as full functional fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Interested in joining a small company and excited to help DC grow!
• Basic or advanced video editing and motion graphics skills [a BIG plus!]
• Traditional drawing, painting and illustration skills [would be rad!]
• Shape the visual identity of our client’s brands as their companies evolve
• Grow and scale brand expressions by systemizing and maintaining design systems and guidelines
• Refine and expand our client’s illustration and iconography styles and kits
• Elevate our visual brand executions within the brand guidelines of our clients
• Create content to tell our client’s stories and highlight their product values and features across multiple mediums, like micro-sites, advertising landing pages, presentations, collateral and motion graphics
• Collaborate with strategy, content and project teams by driving the creation of digital and physical visual communications materials
• Refine and evolve our UI design work and style guidelines to meet the growing complexity of our client’s offerings and expand the impact of their digital experiences
• Shape and expand our client’s themes, templates and image libraries
• Champion a high-level of visual craftsmanship in all digital experiences we produce
If you meet the criteria listed above, apply today and send your portfolio or website to:
• Creative Director Shawn Perritt at email@example.com
• Head of Content Anthony Vachris at firstname.lastname@example.org