Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist (SMS) is the voice of all ABV social channels. Through a deep understanding of the category, ABV brands, and social media trends, the SMS will create social and digital content that is posted on social networks. He/she will engage social audiences to build brand awareness, understanding and affinity. The goal would be that ABV brands have a social voice that is unique and ownable in the social space, breaking through the sea of sameness in craft beer. The Social Media Specialist will be a content creator, writer, and community manager as they promote brand messages and convey unique brand personality.
• Develop a unique and engaging social voice and strategy for ABV brands
• Engage with consumers on social in unique and compelling ways that creates a social feed that is advantaged vs. the competition
• Be the community manager of all ABV brand social feeds, monitoring for engagement and working with cross functional team to field any consumer feedback
• Create digital content (social paid advertising) social content and deploy to drive social engagement that builds awareness, engagement and perception of ABV brands
• Monitor social media for trends, conversations, and topics
• Know where, when and how to insert the ABV social feeds into external conversations that are relevant and valuable to consumers
• Execute SEM (Paid Social) posts based on the content calendar that aligns to brand priorities. Measure paid posts for performance, track budget and make recommendations for future posts.
• Create a content strategy that is unique in the craft beer segment and partner with the Creative and Brand teams to develop the assets needed to excel in the space
• Partner with brand teams on key calendar activation to drive awareness of new product launches and campaign activation
• Track performance and make recommendations of how to adjust voice and approach to achieve results
• Perform other business-related duties as assigned
• Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
• Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
• Ensures Accountability – Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
• Collaborate – Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2-4 years of experience in social media content or management
• Deep understanding of social platforms, social media and trends
• Experience with other forms of marketing communications desirable
• Understands digital marketing tools, such as Sprout, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, AdWords, and CRM platforms.
• Some travel required
• Beer/Adult Beverage experience is not a requirement